Mommy and I decided that we had had enough snow, cold weather, and sadness SO we jumped on a plane and headed to Florida!! Luckily, Nana and Papa had rented a condo in Venice Beach so we met them there. This was my first time at the beach so everything was new to me. I wasn't so sure about putting my feet down in the sand at first (you can see me with my shoes on at first). I was also amazed and scared by the huge ocean. I've been by Lake Michigan before, but never water that is so big and noisy like the ocean. After everyone helped me start to dig in the sand and make sand castles I loosened up a bit. I even took off my shoes. Every once in awhile I would see sand on my skin and whine a bit and show Mommy so she could get it off of me! My favorite part besides filling my bucket with sand was knocking down the castles we made!
After playing at the beach and swimming in the pool, we got all cleaned up and went to Sharkey's on the pier for lunch. Mommy wanted a grouper sandwich which they're known for. It was fun eating outside and watching the birds, although it was a bit (a lot) windy!
The biggest problem I had in Florida was that I didn't want to go to sleep at night. I normally don't have any sleeping problems- even when I'm somewhere new. You see, I skipped my nap on the plane ride there and it really messed me up. Every night Mama would try to get me to sleep, but it wouldn't work so Papa would rub my back until I fell asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment