Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Sad Day

We went to Winfield, KS this weekend for my Great-Grandma Ruby's funeral. Mommy and Nana were really sad and it seemed like others were sad too. We think she died of a heart attack. She also had Alzheimer's so she couldn't always remember everything she wanted to. I saw Great-Grandma in her casket and couldn't take my eyes off of her. She looked different. I sat through the service really quietly. I even did a little reading of Curious George (he's one of my favorites these days). After the service, we drove out to Red Bud Cemetery which is quite a drive from Winfield. The cemetery is a very small cemetery on a hill in the country. It's very peaceful (and fun to run around). After that, we had lunch at The Ridge restaurant with some of Great-Grandma's friends. I'm sure glad I got to meet my Great-Grandma three different times. She really liked to watch me play and she thought I was really fascinating. I thought she was pretty neat too. I bet she won't forget a thing in heaven.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Susan, I'm so sorry about your Grandma. Hope you're doing well now, that the spring weather is helping too. beth