We went to visit my new cousins over the weekend! They were born on Feb. 15 which was a lot earlier than their April 29th due date. They weighed less than 3 lbs. when they were born. Isn't that crazy? I weighed more than both of them combined when I was born! I wasn't sure what to do around tiny little babies, but I was very gentle. Mommy wanted me to sit on Daddy's lap while he held baby Will, but I didn't want to at all. We also went to visit Luke in the hospital. He wasn't ready to come home yet because he had bad acid reflux and was on an apnea monitor. I didn't get to see my cousin Luke because they don't allow little kids in the NICU (and Mommy forgot to take a picture of him so all these pictures are of Will). I can't wait until my cousins get a little bigger so I can play with them! It was good to see my Aunt Katie and Uncle Erik too.
I had a great 4 year appointment. Mommy and Dr. Natasha talked about milk and what we can do since I don't do a good job drinking it (Tums or Viactiv). We also talked about how I still wear Pull-Ups at night. Dr. Natasha had this fabulous idea to buy special night time underwear. She even suggested that I buy cool superhero underwear. Then I had to keep my day time underwear separate from my nighttime underwear. So, right after the appointment we did just that-- we bought nighttime underwear with superheros on them and I have been wearing them ever since with no problems at all!
I had to get 3 shots at my appointment. I was very brave and laid right down for them. I cried for a few moments and then forgot all about the shots when I got some fun stickers!
3 year Dr. Appt.
27 lbs. 6 oz. - 25% 35 1/2 in. - 10%
I had a good visit with Dr. Natasha. She was very glad that I had moved into the 25% for weight. I wasn't real talkative since I didn't remember her real well. She did mention that I need to get a bike helmet for riding my tricycle on the driveway. Mommy asked her about napping and she told Mommy that lots of kids start to give up their nap at 3. She recommended that if I don't nap that I should go to bed earlier. Dr. Natasha was happy that I recently started potty-training. I didn't get any shots this time so that made me very happy!
23 lbs. 13 oz. - 5+% 32 1/2 ins. - 10% Head Circumference: 20 in. - 90%
I had a good check up except that Mommy and Dr. Natasha talked about how to get rid of my pacifier. We also talked about how I need one chore for every year of age. I also need to work on potty training this summer. In order to do that I have to learn how to dress and undress myself. Finally, I have to go to the dentist. It sounds like being two is hard work! I did impress Dr. Natasha with all of my talking.
18 month Dr. Appt.
22 lbs. 3 oz. - ~10% 31 ins. - +10% Head Circumference: 19 1/s in. - 75%
We had a quick visit with Dr. Natasha. Since I'm growing and doing well we didn't have to stay too long. She told me that I'm not allowed to go back until I'm 2 years old! Can you believe that? She's just hoping that I don't get sick this winter. Me too. I don't like being sick. I got a flu shot so hopefully that will help out. I cried when I got stuck, but once Mommy picked me up, I was much better! We did find out that I have eczema on the back of my arms and my calves. The fancy name is Keratosis Pilaris. It doesn't bother me at all because it's just little bumps like chicken skin. Some Eucerin lotion should help the bumps.
Endocrinology update
Well, on September 3, 2009, I finally went to the endocrinologist at Children's Mercy Hospital. Dr. Moore looked at all my test results and decided I was fine. He even said that I had a nice layer of subcutaneous fat. He used lots of big words when he talked so I didn't understand a lot of what he said. Basically, there was something wrong, but nobody knows what and since I have gotten taller and gained weight he says whatever was wrong must have gone away. Maybe it's our new house. Now that I have more room to play - I can grow! We're going back in 6 months, but I doubt Dr. Moore will find anything.
15 month Dr. Appt.
19 lb. 7 oz. - 3% 29 3/4 in. - 10% Head Circumference: 19 1/4 in. - 90%
Dr. Natasha said I was doing awesome (despite being in the 3rd percentile) for my weight. Dr. Natasha was impressed that I already knew at least 20 words. She couldn't believe I hadn't seen the endocrinologist yet. My appt. is on Sept. 3 with Dr. Moore. She did say that my sweat chloride test came back negative. This was to test for cystic fibrosis so Mommy was really happy to hear that it was negative. This time I remembered Martha, the nurse, and really did not want her to weigh and measure me. She came back at the end of the appt. with those terrible shots. I knew I should avoid her!
12 1/2months old
Health Update
Well, all my tests came back and Dr. Natasha says that everything is normal; my liver, kidneys, and everything else! She still doesn't know why I'm not growing... so I'm going to go see an endocrinologist at Children's Mercy Hospital. Hopefully they will have an idea.
12 month Dr. Appt.
18 lb. 4 oz. - 3%ile 27 1/4 inches - 3%ile Head circumference - 19" - 90%ile
Dr. Natasha said my motor and emotional development is 'rock solid', but she is concerned that I fell off the curve I was following on the growth chart. She is especially worried since my Mommy told her I eat and eat and eat! I love eating. The Doctor said that my head is growing great, but somehow the rest of my body isn't getting all the nutrients it needs to get. I had to give lots of blood so they can do some tests. I also got an X-ray of my rib to make sure that the way it stuck out wasn't a problem. The X-ray tech said it looked normal so that's good.
10 1/2 months old
9 Month Dr. Appt.
16 lbs. 10 oz. - 5%ile 26 3/4 inches - 10%ile Head circumference - 18 1/4" - 75%ile
Dr. Natasha said that I'm so active that I need to eat as much as possible! She said that I'm allowed to keep eating as long as I'm hungry. I should also have formula in my sippy cup at meals instead of just water. Isn't that good news? I went down on the growth chart some, but Dr. Natasha doesn't seem worried. She was happy that I know 4 different sounds now (ba, ga, ma, da -- I learned them in this order). She said that since I'm so concerned about moving that I might not do a lot of talking, but that's o.k. She also said that I have good balance when I move around.
Background
Helping Addy eat
I even put a piece in my mouth!
My new Christmas toy
Addy likes it too!
Santa Baby
Trucks!
Ollie in the toy bin
Pumpkins
I'm a musician
Froggy
6 Month Dr. Appt.
15 lbs. 8 oz. 26 inches Dr. Natasha told me that I am very handsome and that I am a very good sitter. She predicted that I will crawl and walk early. Watch out Mom and Dad! She also gave us the go-ahead on eating all kinds of cereal, fruits, and veggies! I'm excited.
Blue eyes
4 Month Dr. Appt.
13 lbs. 13 oz. 25 inches
Dr. Burgert's nurse said, "He's a keeper!" Right after Dr. B. left, I had a poop explosion. Mommy had poop everywhere! It was running down her leg and onto her sandal. Right after I made the HUGE mess, the nurse walked in. I think she was in shock (as was my mommy).
Cute
Feet are fun
17 weeks
I'm almost 4 months old
Mom & the 'kids'
Welcome Paige!
Rolling over
July 9
Lunch with friends
Paige will be here any day now!
Addy likes my pacifiers too!
I love my baths!
11 weeks old
Handsome
11 weeks
2 month Dr. Appt.
11 lbs. 12 oz. 23 3/4" long Dr. Burgert said, "Oliver, you must be eating good. You've added a 2nd chin!"
Family photo
My first bottle
Daddy was able to feed me for the first time! It was delicious.
They finally gave me a pacifier!
Now if I can just figure out how to keep it in my mouth...
No comments:
Post a Comment