Friday, June 19, 2009

Chicago-- here I come!


Mommy and I took an airplane to Chicago on Tuesday. While waiting for the plane to load, I loved watching all the action outside the airport. The trucks are my favorite! I think I was pretty good on the plane. Mommy and I read books and then I played peek-a-boo with the people behind us.

Can you believe this is my Mommy's rocker from when she was a kid?? I like to sit in it while I eat Goldfish crackers and drink milk. Grandpa's backyard is really pretty so I'm sitting by the window looking out at it.

On Wednesday, Uncle Tim and Susan came to Homewood to see me and get some Aurelio's Pizza. Everybody was astounded that I mainly ate both black and green olives for dinner (with a little meat and cheese too). After dinner, I gave Uncle Tim and Susan a tour of Grandpa's backyard! It sure is fun to run around that big pretty yard! [THE PICTURE IS COMING SOON!]



One of the things to do in Homewood in the summer is to stop at Dairy Queen and get ice cream. It's only open in the summer since you just walk up to the window to order. Everybody was really excited about going to get ice cream, but I just don't see what the big deal is. My Mommy almost had to force me to eat the ice cream and I really only took a few bites and then I thought it would be more fun to run around in the grass.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love this picture of Grandpa Dave enjoying his cone...Man, I miss the Homewood DQ!

Heather said...

What is up with little ones and icecream...Paige doesn't like it that much either...don't you know what you are missing Ollie! I guess maybe it is a bit cold for ya!