Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Trip to Chicago

We just got back a few days ago from my first trip to Chicago! We stayed with my Grandma Lori and Grandpa Dave, but we got to do all kinds of things while we were there. The airplane wasn't bad at all (even though it took off at 6 a.m. and we had to get up mighty early)! I didn't make a peep the entire trip to Chicago. On Friday we had my daddy's favorite for lunch - PORTILLO'S! Then we had Aurelios Pizza for dinner. I got to travel to Andersonville in the city to visit my daddy's friend Matt. Then the next day we went to see my mommy's friends Jenny, Jenny, Aaron, Will, and Ben in Evanston. Will loved to help me with my pacifier if it fell out. He was quite attentive! The next day my grandparents had this huge party at their house. They rented this monstrous tent that took up the whole backyard and then they invited all their friends over. I think maybe they wanted to show me off- I'm not sure though. It was a fabulous party (even though I slept through half of it)! Another day we went to the Museum of Science and Industry to see a Smart Home and a cool glass exhibit. My grandpa was dying for me to meet his breakfast group so of course we had to go to the bakery for breakfast one day. The day before we left, we went into the city to see my Uncle Timmy's and Susan's new condo. It was quite a super place with a fabulous kitchen. After a week we flew back home. The airplane ride home went just as well as the ride there - I was even awake for most of it! I'm sad that I won't get to see my grandparents for a long time. Maybe they'll come see me soon.