Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July -- St. Louis

I got to travel to St. Louis this weekend to meet my new friends Will and Ellie! They are 7 1/2 weeks old now. They definitely sleep more than I do right now, but maybe next time we see each other we'll be able to do more playing. On the 4th we had a barbecue with lots of my mommy and daddy's friends. I got to meet Caroline who is 7 months old and her parents Devin and Laura. I also met Rudy who is 2 1/2 years old and his parents, Jeff & Katy. Wow! On Saturday we tried to go to The Hill for an Italian lunch, but Adriana's was closed so we went to Amighettis in Brentwood. My parents said it wasn't nearly as good. After that I got to go swimming for the 3rd time! Dr. C turned the pool heater on so it felt pretty warm even though it wasn't too hot outside. All that swimming wore me out-- I slept from 9:30 pm until 5 am, ate, and then stayed in bed until 9:45! Before bed I got to see Laura & Hadi for a short time, but my eyelids were drooping so I had to go to sleep. Today, Sunday, we drove home. I don't mind car rides too much except when I'm hungry and I want to stop and eat... NOW. It was sure fabulous to meet Will, Ellie, their parents Matt and Jen, and all our other friends at the barbecue.