Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fourth of July

We went to St. Louis for the 4th to keep with my Mommy and Daddy's annual tradition of hanging out with Matt & Jen & their kids, Will & Ellie. We had lots of fun playing together, swimming, & we even got to watch Shrek. One night we had a babysitter so that all the parents could go out to eat dinner. The next day we went to the air show by the Arch. It was super hot sitting out in the sun so we didn't stay very long. We were there long enough to see the smoke jumpers land very close to us. I liked watching the airplanes swoop around the Arch! That night we went to watch fireworks at Jen's sister's house. I was having a good time playing with all the new toys there until the neighbors started setting off fireworks. I really don't like the loud noises at all. I started telling my Mommy I really wanted to leave. Then we got in a car and drove to this empty grass field. Mommy and I stayed in the hot car during the fireworks. I had her keep one hand over my ear and I covered up my eyes with my hand. I didn't enjoy the fireworks at all. I was very glad when they were over! Besides the fireworks, we had a super weekend with our friends!
I had a really hard time napping-- this is how Mommy found me when I woke up! Snuggling with garbage cans always helps me sleep better.

No comments: