Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

This weekend my Chicago grandparents came to visit. It was really good to see them. I took Grandma and Grandpa to the park near our house. Grandpa helped me 'vroom' on the motorcycle and pushed me on the swing. Grandma went down the slide with me and helped me climb up the stairs. I love going to the playground.

Grandpa was holding me upside down here... you can see my two top teeth coming in.
On Saturday, we went to our favorite barbecue restaurant, Jack Stack. Afterward, we saw the biggest 'dog' I've ever seen. Everyone kept trying to tell me it was a horse, but I'm still pretty sure it was a dog. The 'dog' kept using it's lips to nudge everyone's arms. I thought it was cool!


On Sunday, we went to the Steamboat Arabia Museum in the River Market. The boat sank in the Missouri River near Parkville over 150 years ago. It was full of stuff people were taking to the frontier. I was amazed at all the many things in the museum; 800 shoes, millions of beads, pots and pans, dishes, tools, pickles, and all kinds of other things! We got to meet one of the guys that worked on digging the steamboat out from 45 feet below ground. My favorite part was watching the HUGE paddlewheel go around in the water.
Check out my curly hair.... I'm told it's like my Uncle Tim's hair when he was my age.

Sunday night, we went to the annual Celebration at the Station between Union Station and Liberty Memorial. Grandma Connie and Grandpa Al met us there. I liked laying on the blanket and listening to the KC Symphony. I got pretty tired, but never did cry or get upset. The neatest part were the cannons and the fireworks. Can you believe that neither one scared me!?


1 comment:

Heather said...

Oliver is getting so big...and love that curly hair. Paige's hair is actually getting some curl too...especially when it is hot and humid. It looks like you had a fun and busy weekend. Those teeth are cute!!